A Systems Design Engineer with naval or land based weapon systems experience is required for a long term contract assignment based in Bristol (inside IR35)
* Customer needs analysis/elicitation
* Develop concepts, undertake trade studies
* Identify new technologies, maturing and exploiting these for next generation systems
* Support bids for future development
What are we looking for?
* Ideally degree qualified with a strong engineering or science background
* Creativity, imagination and the ability to innovate
* Ability to work across multiple disciplines of technology concepting, systems design and architecture, sub-system decomposition and functional allocation
* Experience of task package ownership and running technical programmes
* Ability to respond to customer requests; from generation of white papers through to formal bid submission
* Adaptable and flexible to changing/emerging requirements
* Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
* Helpful attitude and a calm professional manner, whilst dealing with all levels of the business; from supporting junior colleagues to direct customer interface
Skills/Experience: Essential: * BSc/MSc/MEng in systems engineering, electrical engineering, physics, or equivalent.
* Have good working experience in more than one phase of the engineering life cycle, with sufficient experience of the total life cycle to ensure a good understanding of adjacent phases and through-life engineering issues Tools
* Have practical knowledge of basic systems engineering principles and processes.
* Must be proficient and have a working knowledge of the following IT Tools: Microsoft Office. Rhapsody and Artisan, SysML/UML also with good knowledge of several of the following System Design related tools: MATLAB, Excel and with DOORS knowledge
* Have the ability to visualize and analyse complex systems,
* Have good verbal, presentation and written communication skills
Desirable: * Experience of naval and or land based weapon systems.
Posted 4 weeks ago